Report Fraud

Do you suspect you were a victim of fraud? We can help. There are different types of fraud, please see below for “Steps to Take” for the type of fraud you experienced.

Reporting Evolve Bank & Trust Debit Card & Checking Account Fraud


Steps to Take:

  • Use our mobile banking app to shut off your debit card for all transactions.
  • Before calling Evolve, please have the following information available:
    • Account or Card Number
    • Transaction Amount
    • Transaction Date
    • Supporting Details
    • Police Report Number
  • If you opened your checking account in-person at an Evolve Bank & Trust Banking Center, please contact that center and speak with a Personal Banker.
  • If you opened your account on a mobile app or other online application that does not have the “Evolve Bank & Trust” name or logo on it, please contact their Customer Service department directly for assistance.
  • Call Evolve Bank & Trust Customer Care: 866.395.2754

Reporting Identity Theft


Steps To Take:

  • If someone uses your SSN to obtain credit, loans, telephone accounts, or other goods and services, contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC collects complaints about identity theft from those whose identities have been stolen. You may reach the FTC’s identity theft hotline toll free at 877.438.4338 or click here to visit their website.
  • Contact each of the three credit bureaus to report a dispute on your credit report:
  •  File a police report through your local law enforcement agency.
  •  Credit freezes and fraud alerts can protect you from identity theft or prevent further misuse of your personal information if it was stolen.
  • If you suspect your identification information has been used to open an account at Evolve, download and complete an Identity Theft Affidavit. Email the completed form, along with a copy of your police report and your identification.

Reporting Payroll Fraud


Steps to Take:

  • Contact your employer’s payroll department immediately to notify them that your payroll was diverted.
  • Your employer must contact their bank, and request that the ACH transaction be disputed as an unauthorized transaction.
  • Work with your employer to receive reimbursement for any funds deposited to another bank without your authorization.
  • The originating bank will need to submit a request for an ACH return and submit a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) or Hold Harmless Document to Evolve’s Bank Operations Department by email or fax to: 901.328.5640.

Reporting an Unauthorized Transfer of Funds to an Evolve Account


Steps to Take:

Unfortunately, we are unable to initiate research and/or a return of the funds until we are contacted directly by the originating (your) bank. If a transfer has been scheduled inadvertently to an Evolve Bank & Trust account from your account, you will need to contact your bank to file a dispute on your behalf. Your bank must complete and submit a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) or Hold Harmless Document, and email or fax it to: 901.328.5640.

Please provide your bank with the following information regarding the transaction:

  1. Reason for your request
  2. Sender Name
  3. Receiver Name
  4. Receiver Account Number
  5. Receiver Routing ABA # (9 digits)
  6. Transaction Amount
  7. Effective Date
  8. Settlement Date
  9. Full Trace Number (15-digit FED Trace)(ACH Transactions Only)
  10. Wire IMAD Reference ID (Wire Transactions Only)

For Evolve to initiate a review, please complete an Unauthorized Transfer Form and send it via email. Please note: Evolve will not be able to share information with you related to the Evolve account holder or the status of any review.

Report an Unauthorized Transfer of Government Benefits to an Evolve Account


Unemployment Benefit Fraud

Due to COVID-19, scams have become prevalent involving imposters filing claims for unemployment benefits, using names of individuals who have not filed claims. Victims often learn about the fraud when they get a notice from their state unemployment benefits office or their employer about their supposed application for benefits.

Steps To Take:

  • Report the fraud to your employer. Keep a record of who you spoke with and when.
  • Report the fraud to your state unemployment benefits agency. You can find state agencies here. Keep a record of who you spoke with and when.
  • If possible, report the fraud online. An online report will save you time and be easier for the agency to process.
  • Keep any confirmation or case number you get. If you speak with anyone, keep a record of who you spoke with and when.
  • Visit to report the fraud to the FTC and get help with the next important recovery steps. These include placing a free, one-year fraud alert on your credit, getting your free credit reports, and closing any fraudulent accounts opened in your name. also will help you add a free extended fraud alert or credit freeze to your credit report. These make it more difficult for an identity thief to open new accounts in your name.
  • Review your credit reports often. For the next year, you can check your reports every week for free through This can help you spot any new fraud quickly.

Social Security Administration Identity Theft

If your Social Security number has been compromised or your benefits have been redirected, the Social Security Administration recommends these actions:

Steps To Take:
  • Submit a complaint online with the Social Security Administration
  • Include the following about each of the alleged suspect(s) and victim(s):
    • Name
    • Address
    • Telephone Number
    • Date of Birth
    • Social Security Number
  • Provide the following information about the fraud claim, including the following (if known):
    • Date of Fraud
    • Location of Fraud
    • Detailed Description of Fraud
    • Witness Name(s)

Tax Related Identity Theft

If your Social Security number is compromised and you know or suspect you are a victim of tax-related identity theft, the IRS recommends these actions:

Steps To Take:

  • Respond immediately to any IRS notice: Call the number provided.
  • If your e-filed return is rejected because of a duplicate filing under your Social Security number, or if the IRS instructs you to do so, complete IRS Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit PDF. Use a fillable form at, print, then attach the form to your return and mail your return according to instructions.
  •  Visit for steps you should take right away to protect yourself and your financial accounts.
  • See Identity Theft Victim Assistance: How It Works for more information about how the IRS can help you.
  • If you previously contacted the IRS and did not have a resolution, contact them for specialized assistance at 800.908.4490. They have teams standing by to help you.

Fraudulent Tax Returns

If you believe someone has filed a fraudulent tax return in your name, you can get a copy of the tax return. See Instructions for Requesting a Copy of Fraudulent Returns.

If you have any questions please contact our Customer Care Center: 866.395.2754